Friday, February 28, 2014

PMO Creation - Week 2

The creation of the PMO is not my full-time job. I am still working on projects, making sales calls and staying on top of our operations. But I did accomplish a few things this week. I met with the two IT Project Managers who now report to me and are part of this organization. They are two very enthusiastic young PMs who are excited to be granted the structure of a PMO and the ability to assist in the building.

The first thing we did was decide on the mission of this PMO. Only one of my team was with me but we ran the result by the other and made some adjustments to come up with this:

The QPharma PMO will improve Project Management by:
  1. Prioritizing internal projects
  2. Authorizing baselines
  3. Communicating progress
  4. Managing change control
  5. Managing interdependencies
  6. Distributing templates
  7. Training Senior Staff, Project Managers and Team Members
  8. Facilitating monthly steering committee meetings
  9. Managing RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies)
  10. Tracking financials
  11. Assessing completed deliverables
  12. Storing documents and lessons learned
I typed this up and distributed it to my team and the company owner. No complaints so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment