Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rube Goldberg

The closest I ever came to programming was writing macros for Lotus 1-2-3 to manipulate data. They would work but when my boss watched them operate, (programs executed slowly enough to watch in the eighties) he would shake his head and call me Rube Goldberg. Then he'd show me an elegant solution to the problem I was trying to solve.

That's when I realized my future lay in Project Management where I could leave the programming to the professionals. But I still have an affinity for Rube Goldberg inventions. So when I saw this article in the paper and realized that the spirit of the master is still alive and well, I had to post it. Check out the newspaper turning machine:

 This last music video is more complex but it moves too fast to see all the interactions. Still, more than three minutes of Rube Goldberg motion is still pretty impressive:

No comments:

Post a Comment